NOTE: When crossing the boarder of a province or state make sure you stop at the Welcome Center and pick up the attractions book. It is free and has every hotel/motel in the entire province.
This little booklet saved us. We found a little motel off the beaten path that was a reasonable price and would stay open and wait for us to get there. We were and hour away and still had to eat.
So we get to the motel and the room has two double beds, a t.v. and stand, two t.v. trays with lamps on them and the smallest bathroom that I have ever seen. No tub just a shower. Cute, quaint and bare. As we crawled into bed I laugh at the smallness of the room and Karl says "according to the guy on the phone, this is the BIG room." We both burst out laughing.
Up early the next morning, breakfast was a cross between Tim's and McDonald's. We stopped to get some cheap beer at the last gas station before crossing into N.B. Stopped for a late lunch in Woodstock. Had clams and Karl had a seafood stirfry which Elliot ate most of the shrimp. I don't think we have to worry about him not liking seafood. Yeah!!
Pulled into Amy's around 7 p.m. She was cleaning the house because she just got back from Cape Breton the day before and the house was a mess. Whatever!! I forgot they had a dog, a big black dog named Brandy. Olivia had a death grip on my neck and I couldn't put her down until we were in the house with the door firmly closed behind us. Elliot did better. He doesn't seem to mind the dog and honestly, the dog really doesn't care who is outside. First night here was a late night, catching up on news and kids getting reacquainted with each other. Which took all of two nano-seconds.
Amy made THE best drink EVER!!
I don't know what is in it but it is so
refreshing and you don't even taste
the alcohol in it. I know it had
pineapple in it but other than that...
Did I mention that we had more than
one of these, over the next two days?
It was a beach day yesterday. Collected all kinds of shells and things on the beach. Stayed until it started to rain. Rained again today, but cleared up enough for Karl to get in a round of golf.
I put together Isaiah's Leggo cabin that I bought him. He is having more fun playing with end result than he had trying to put it together.
Took some family pics on Wed. before we headed to P.E.I. I am hoping enough of them turn out to have framed. Cookie and Isaiah were the little helpers who made the kids laugh and smile in every picture.
Now, on to Prince Edward Island.
Me
Looks soo beautiful...that drink looks soooo beautiful. Get the recipe...we may need it.
ReplyDeleteBy the way...you look fantastic in that little t-shirt on the beach picture!!! Hurray for surgeons!!!!
Will blog our adventure hopefully today. Safe drive home again.