Saturday, August 20, 2011

P.E.I.

So we made it...

Crossed the bridge and stopped at the welcome center for maps and ice cream. Kids sat really well for the pictures at Amy's so we promised them a treat.

Cymbria Campground is a beautiful, quiet, family based campground. It you look on the website the rules are scary but once you get here, you realize that it is basic common sense. Our site is VERY out-of-the-way and so peaceful. We don't have anyone on either side of us for 4 sites down and are a stones throw away from the water pump, playground and bathrooms.

Our days are fairly routine...we have our coffee and THEN have breakfast. Kids play while I clean the dishes. Tidy up the car, change into clean clothes, pack the car and head out. Each day we have done something different. There really is so much to do here you are never bored.

Our first full day here we decided to check out the little beach that they have here. You have to cross the road and walk for about 5 min. So we pack all the stuff, chairs, umbrella, towels, life jackets, snacks, toys, etc. We get there and to say I was disappointed was an understatement. These pictures are exactly what you see. No hidden cove, no sand beyond the camera lens. What you see is what we got. So we made the best of it and sat and watched the kid play in the sand and sometimes in the water. Too many snails, minnows and seaweed.

As we were leaving another couple were coming down the steps will clam digging stuff. So I asked if it is possible to do that here. They said that you have to walk another 10 minutes to your right for the clams but that you can get quite alot. High tide was 4 that day and each day it is 1 hr. later. Can't wait. We are going to get a shovel and see what happens.






Day two was spent driving around, stopping at the little shops and taking the "Tourist" pictures.


















and minigolf...for which I didn't play, I kept score and got eaten alive by the mosquitoes. Kids loved that but I wouldn't go again.

More later,

Me

1 comment:

  1. After the beaches in Midland, the only thing better might be the Caribbean. You should see the beaches in Saskatchewan. HA! Now that's a joke!

    The kids will love it anyway. They are old enough to remember the fun time they had on this trip.

    ReplyDelete