When Karl and I first married we didn't want children, we loved to be around them and loved entertaining them and being with their families but our focus was entirely different. Children didn't fit into our plans and we weren't ready to change those plans to make them fit. The miscarriage changed ALL of that. We noticed EVERYTHING!!! Pregnant women, prices of toys, kids movies, clothes, even the cars (you know the ones I am talking about, they have car seats and warnings of babies on the windows, have never seen a car wash and you could feed a family of 4 with the food found between the seats.) Everywhere I went, my focus was on children, babies and everything that went with them. I REALLY wanted to be a mommy. One thing Karl and I really focused on was what we were NOT going to do as parents. From every friendship we had with different families, we learned things we were either going to use with our own kids or absolutely under no circumstances going to do. One of these things, and this is minor, was...we were not going to those parents who drive around with one of those bumper stickers that reads "Proud parents of a (insert school name) student of the month!
UNTIL...this came home in Olivia's bag on Friday.

now what to do??? We always laughed at these poor sucker parents whose children, although being great students, were eager to stick this very large label on their vans/cars.
So my big question is...which bumper do I stick it on, front or back??
I reorganized a small section of my craft table the other day and wanted to share with you. I have an ink pad holder coming...soon I hope, but in the meantime I have to make some room for it because it is quite large. So I took my stickles holder apart and put Velcro on the back side of my cabinet door and attached the bottles to it. They fit perfectly and it solves another problem because I was running out of space with my other holder but this way when I fill up the velcro strips I can just add another one. Problem solved. Another thing, with stickles and liquid pearls, out of sight out of mind doesn't really work here because you could never forget that you have stickles.

That's all for now...getting more excited everyday we get closer to CUBA.
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment