Tuesday, February 22, 2011

STOP running before you hurt

...yourself.

Too late! This is the result of the kids running through the house and falling into the piano stool legs. I could have died when Olivia came away crying with blood dripping down her face. Karl came home right away and took her up to the hospital. I knew from the moment I saw the cut that it was too deep for a normal band-aid and that stitches would be the end result. They went up to emerg. at 4:30 and didn't get home until almost 8. I don't know what took so long but she ended up with 3 stitches. I am glad Karl took her because I can't handle needles and I can't handle seeing my baby hurt so putting them together makes for a sobbing mommy.

Olivia is a trooper and is okay but her eye looks TERRIBLE. She will have a wonderful shiner for the next week. And to top it all off, the stitches are not the ones that go away over time. I have to now get an appt. with Dr. Lewin so he can take them out. That should be fun!!

So, how was your day?

Me

3 comments:

  1. Yikes and double Yikes!!!! That looks nasty! Glad she's okay although your heart likely stopped once or twice. Need a bigger house...with padded walls and furniture. Straight jacket maybe too....
    Xander has taken to leaping off the 4th step when he wears his batman pajamies (cape included), so I also know that heart stopping feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe its better to scar her up now...she's getting too pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been told that having a scar is cool as it looks like you had an interesting past., Awwwww! She is toooo young and sweet to have a past.
    Hope it all heals up real good.

    ReplyDelete