Monday, February 14, 2011

I have returned

from the land of the lazy.

Now don't get me wrong, I am still very lazy, but I have decided to push this aside for a few minutes and catch you all up.

Boobs are doing great. I have an appt. to see the surgeon on March 6 to see how they are doing. I am still in the bra, that is non-negotiable but I am really enjoying seeing what tops fit me. I dug out an old bin filled with older but very nice clothing that I couldn't part with but didn't fit me and guess what? The tops fit perfect. I was even able to see into the suit jacket I wore when I worked for TDCT. The skirt is still a little snug but I am working on that. According to yesterday's weight check I am down another pound.

Karl hasn't been feeling all that great lately. Stress I think. He is going to see the chiropractor today for the kink in his neck that won't go away. He is also wanting to go away somewhere. We are looking at either Cuba or D.R. I am hoping that Brandy can find some sort of deal for us. I really don't want to pay huge prices for this trip especially since we will still be going away in Jan. with Grants. They got home really early this morning and I will call this evening to see how the trip went.

Today is Valentine's day at the school. Olivia is home for the day because they are having a sledding party and then exchanging cards and treats after that. Malla is coming over later to have a play date. They really get along very well and play well with Elliot also, so I should have an easy day today. Brandie, Hannah and her mom were supposed to go to Ikea today, but we are supposed to get flash freezing rain later this morning so they are not going. Brandie is going to take Hannah to the mall to look around.

Trying to catch up on housework. The bathroom is still not fully organized but I ran out of containers and still haven't found a basket that I love. (for the towels) Zellers does have towels the exact color of chocolate that I have on the walls but I will have to see where I could put them though since I still don't have a towel rack yet.

Went shopping yesterday. Karl and kids were in bed so I heading to the mall here in town. Spent an obscene amount of money but got a beautiful short dress coat. It is white with black buttons and piping. Looks AWESOME. I also picked up a new black skirt and a couple of tops. Guess what size? The skirt is a 13 and the tops are MM. I know a 13 may not be small to you but it is for me and I haven't been a MM since having Olivia. Have I mentioned that I love my new boobs?

I have included some pics of the scrapbook haul that came over the first couple of weeks after the surgery. Not everything is there but I couldn't be bothered to retake the pics. Missing are some embossing folders and dies for the cuttlebug.


I hope you can make out everything. I have completed the set of Distressing inks from Tim and am almost done with the re-inkers. Bert is almost finished with the holder. I am eager to get that and organize everything. It will hold all the distress inks, blending tools and re-inkers. It will also hold all of my other ink pads also.

When Mom and Dad were here after the surgery, we went shopping at a little store in Wyebridge called My Front Porch. While there we saw a wreath that had teacups and saucers on it. Neat idea. I took a close look at it and figured out how to do it. The ones at the store had one/two teacups plus a saucer with a fork stuck to the saucer. The rest of the wreath was filled in with flowers and leaves. They looked like they were from the dollar store...cheap!

So I decided to make mom one of these wreaths. I made all of the flowers and leaves myself. What do you think? Mom has already seen the wreath and loves it.


So that's all for now. I will let you know what happens with the trip.

Me

4 comments:

  1. The wreath really is AWESOME! So much work! Your roses turned out fantastic! So happy for you and your new clothes. Need to send photos of you all dressed up in your new duds. Was great talking to you today. Felt like you were still just down the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wreath is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
    Glad you are feeling good and what a haul in new product.
    You have not as yet even become close to being finished with the credit card as there is a whole world of clothing to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and another thing,,,,,,,them roses you made are over the moon. Each one is perfectly beautiful as are the leaves and other flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made those flowers!!!! Wow!!! Your amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete