Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Little Visitor

Late one night last week, I was watching T.V. and saw a mouse scoot across the floor. We didn't have any traps in the house (they were in the shed) and while Karl was looking for them, we saw it run across the floor again! Freaked me right out!!

Karl set the trap in the morning and before he left for work we caught it. We reset it and caught a second one. A couple of days later Elliot was getting a drink and this little guy came out to say HI! The ones we caught must have been the parents and this little one was one of the babies. He decided to take a bath and have a drink in the water that Elliot spilled on the floor when he saw the mouse.

This little guy was so young and small he didn't even notice we were there. I was able to get quite a lot pictures before I tried to catch him and put him outside. Needless to say I was unable to catch this deceivingly fast baby mouse. I had to wait until Karl got home and the mouse came out again, for him to catch and release.

Olivia and Elliot love telling the story of our "little visitor."

Me

1 comment:

  1. Nooooooo don't ever kill the bat. They eat mosquitoes and are essential for the biosphere. Now this little visitor is the epitome of tiny cuteness.

    ReplyDelete