since my last post, time to catch up.
Brandie and I have decided to stop going to the WW meetings, as of last Wed. We felt that we were wasting our money especially since all our "leader" does is give out stickers and ask the same question over and over again. No joke!! The last meeting we went to she actually asked the same question 3 times! We are not paying $15.00 each week for that. It is cheaper for me to go to the dollar store and get all the star stickers we could ever want. We are not quitting the actual program though, we are going to weigh ourselves at the same time each week and write it down. We are still keeping with the points plan and everything else. So far I am down another two lbs. Haven't weighed myself yet today so we will see what happens, I will keep you posted.
Karl went to the Elders school on Fri. and Sat. He looked good but tired with all the info. and counsel he received.
Sat. was the sledding party. Everyone came, even the boyfriends, which was a nice gesture on their part. This was the first time I took the kids to this hill and it is quite large. I was a bit nervous at first but Olivia and Elliot took to it like old pros. They were the only ones to go over the big jumps. When I say big, I really mean HUGE. Elliot was on going into the jumps without my knowledge and seeing him leave the ground was nerve raking but each time he landed, he looked up and yelled that he was okay. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT I FORGOT MY CAMERA?? Both Brandy's had their cameras and took some pics and some little movies. I will post them as soon as I get them. I am hoping that when mom and dad come in a couple of weeks they will feel up to taking them sledding.
Everyone came back to the house for Hot chocolate and lunch. All went well and had tons of food left over. The boyfriends didn't come back to the house though, one of them had to go to emerg. because on the last run of the day, he hit his head and cut it opened. Out of 10 kids, it was an adult that got hurt. Not funny at the time but funny now. Karl took some of the extra sweets from Sat. to work this morning.
We went shopping on Monday. Barrie was a mad house but we got some awesome deals. I got a London Fog snow suit for Elliot for 50% off. Karl got a winter service coat for 70% off. I got a few little things at Micheals. I used my 50% off coupon. Nothing else sticks out in my head but I know we brought home more that just that. I was looking for a dress coat for Olivia but didn't find anything warm enough.
We have officially paid off the visa. Balance is $0.00, and does it ever feel good!!! Now, I am working on the LOC. I would like to have a chunk taken out of that before summer because the yard, front and back, is this years project. It will take all summer to do and cost...I don't want to think about that.
We took the kids skating yesterday. First time. Tim Hortons has a free skate everyday during the winter break. Olivia loved it and Elliot loved having Karl carry him around the rink. This reminds me, we also got both kids hockey helmets with the face guard. A little too expensive for me but Olivia's will fit Elliot when she grows out of it. They will also use them for sledding and anything else winter related.
Olivia saw one of her little school friends at the rink and she kept close to her. Cute little girl. Her mother told Karl that there is a public skate every Sunday afternoon. Karl is going to take Olivia because she really enjoyed it but Elliot will stay with me at home. I am not wanting to try the skating thing because of my back, and I am not going to freeze my butt off watching them skate around.
Brandie had to take Hannah to the hospital on Thurs. last week. She fainted and started to have, what looked like a seizure. Called 911. They did some tests at the hospital and everything is fine now. According to the doctors it is normal to have what looks like a seizure after fainting but that it is only the body having spasms, trying to take in as much air as quickly as possible. Hannah had to take it easy for a couple of days but was back to normal on Sat. for sledding. It also took Brandie a couple of days to calm down from that too.
Anyway, Karl is back to work today and we are back to some kind of a routine, though I never really did have a routine before the holidays. I am trying to have my house clean for when mom and dad come. The countdown is on now...15 days! WOW, each time I think about it, I get a little more nervous. Hence, I don't think about it.
That's all for now,
Me
who are 'the boyfriends' you keep talking about. We had some nice days and my mom took the kids sledding down a 'little' hill near her house. Me not so much lately.
ReplyDeleteTrying to get the bathroom renovated. Kids go back next Thursday. will try to plan playdates for them. No one seems to want to get together. Weird!
Awwwww! We used to have a fantasically motivating WW meeting with the best, enthousiastic leader but once in awhile a real dud. So it would be frustrating to pay all that money just to step on a scale and say Yipee. When you can do that on your own with someone you know as your encouragement.
ReplyDeletePoor tmaxxan reading of your wonderful winter activities whilst she is caught up in a sling, soon to be in total traction in some rehab centre.
Well, thanks for the comment on my jewels. My sister has encouraged me to go on Etsy and I have dilly dallied there a bit looking but must go forth and find Lisa's computer geek to help me a bit. Left you a comment again in your movie post about where my sister got the idea for what she wanted.
RE: your comment on rings
ReplyDeleteI certainly don't care if other people have the plain solitaire ring and I know that other people like different things. I was saying that I personally dislike them greatly-- they don't fit my style whatsoever and I care more for a more unique, ornate ring than the plain solitaire styles. I'm sure there are other things I dislike greatly that you and other people enjoy. This is not meant as a "jab" at you or other people who enjoy things that I dislike. I'm sorry if you felt like it was a personal attack in some way, it certainly was not.