Monday, December 6, 2010

So how did you do?

If you guesses Ink Blending tools, you were spot on! They were made by Cathy and Bert. I am totally in love with them. They are much smaller than the original ones but are sooo cute. I describe them as the result of two large blending tools getting together and the result is a baby blending tool. So happy!!

I bought as many as I had money for but
wasn't able to get one for each distress ink
pad, like intended. Cathy is selling them
for $3.50 each. A steal when compared to
the Ranger ones. I actually like these
better too. They are smaller so they fit in
your hand better and you have more
control over where the ink goes and the
pressure to apply the ink. So, now I don't
have to get my fingers inky when changing
ink foams.

I intend to officially print out the colors and
stick them to the blocks, but for now my
messy hand writing will have to do.

So besides getting these (make me giddy) little tools, the weekend was great. We didn't end up going out on Sat. because by the time we got up and got breakfast done it was after 10 a.m. Did a little shopping in the afternoon and Karl and Bert took the kids to a playplace where they had a blast, I was told. They had a rock wall, games and jungle gym. Elliot won 105 tickets playing the game Deal or No Deal. He loves those kind of things. Cathy and I crafted for the majority of the visit. We just made cards. She started selling hers and I have been toying with the idea for some time now and decided to try it out. I am a little nervous about it because you are putting yourself out there for someone else to critique.

Driving home on Sunday was such a treat. First real snowfall or I call it a snowstorm and people STILL think they are okay to pass, speed and drive like idiots. It took us two hours to get home, we were crawling all the way, and not because Karl is a bad driver, but because you have to compensate for all the other retard drivers out there. Karl took the back roads home because of the highway being so open for drifting. We weren`t on the road 10 minutes and we saw an accident. My stomach was in knots the entire time and Karl only started to relax when we entered Midland. Kids were asleep the whole time. Oh, to be a kid again. No worries.

Olivia was so looking forward to school today and wouldn`t you know...buses were not running. The school was still on but the bused students were not required to go. Needless to say she did not understand and was VERY upset. I should have taken a picture and stored it away for when she is older and is crying because she has to go to school and doesn`t want to. Don`t worry, I will remember.

We have the piano guy coming this morning. Did I tell you that we have a piano? It is officially Tamars but we are "storing" it for her. The kids are dying to start to play but it is sorely out of tune. I went on kijiji and found a tuner in Barrie that will come to Midland for only $100.00. A chunk of change but compared to the $300 we were told it would be, I had to say yes. No sense having a piano if you can't play it, and I have enough dust collectors in this house already.

I caved in and cable is being connected tomorrow. Karl is desperate to watch football and since he doesn't ask for much, I thought it would be nice to have it for him. We got a nice deal but it will still be $70/month. Quite high for my taste but when the football is over we will drop it down to the basic package.

So here are some of the cards I made over the weekend. I will post more later, after the piano guy leaves.
This first one was done using the friend
definition and blending three different blue
distress inks. I then stamped the flourish
with white ink and went over it with a
sparkle pen. You can't see the sheen to the
flourish, but trust me, it is shiny. The
saying is new to my collection, so expect
to see some new sentiments coming.


This second one was done using an wood
mounted snowflake stamp from stamping up.
I stamped it with embossing ink and clear
embossing powder. Then blended three
blue distress inks over to cover the entire
card. Then I cut out the two snowflakes out
of blue cardstock and covered them with
blue distress stickles. The die is from sizzix
and so cute.



This one was done using some of my Basic
Grey scraps. I used Rusty Hinge to stamp
the flower and blend the edges of the card.
I also used bling from the dollar store for
centers of some of the flowers. This is not
a favorite but someone out there may like
it.





So it this a long enough post for you? I will have another one tonight.

Me

3 comments:

  1. It will do...for now. I still want a phone call. Got your letter and pics yesterday. Already on display for all to see. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo the cards are absolutely great. You should have no problem selling them if there is a good avenue for it out there.
    The blending tools are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get that snowflake die. Your card (which you so wonderfully allowed me to copy) was a huge hit at work!

    ReplyDelete