but I guess my time doesn't amount to much. The cable guy was supposed to come between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. this morning. I know that I am a SAHM but we do have other things to do than wait around for someone who cannot tell where the little hand and big hand are at on his watch. And don't get me started if the watch is DIGITAL. It was a good thing I was going to go to the WW meeting tonight instead of at noon like usual. So at 12:30 I get a phone call telling me that we are going to have to reschedule the cable guy. They have had to cancel a lot of appt. today because of the weather. It wasn't even snowing then. Nice of them to wait a full hour and a half to tell me that! The soonest time available for us was Tue. next week. We have a busy couple of days coming.
Olivia got off to school today without a hitch. All bundled up in her snowsuit and extra mitts in her bag. I will have to figure out how to keep her inside the house until the bus is pulling up to the stop because it is getting cold out there waiting. The kids don't feel it because of being all bundled up but I sure do! I guess I shouldn't complain too much because unlike Brandie S. I don't have to drop them off which is more of a pain and Brandy G. has to bundle three kids up, park the car and actually walk Shelby to the back of the school. Lisa C. doesn't drive and walks four kids to the school!! Wow, after writing this down, I really shouldn't open my mouth at all on this subject.
The Pioneer Meeting and Dinner is on Sat. I have volunteered to do the desserts. I am making ALL of them from scratch. Yes, yes, I know what you are thinking. Just go to the store and buy them. Why put yourself through all that stress? Well, here is how I see it. Dessert for some is the funnest part of the meal. You get treats that you wouldn't normally have in the house and having it homemade is even better. Last year the dessert was pie. Just pie. Two different kinds but no variety. It was very disappointing. I know how hard it can be to pioneer and I want them to know that we are very proud of them.
This year the dessert will be nine different things.
-Pumpkin and spice cake
-Chocolate pecan bars
-Cherry almond trifle
-Chocolate cream cheese ball
-Cream puffs
-Toblerone Cheesecake
-Snowball chocolate cake
-Marble chocolate almond bark (I hope to wrap this up for each of the pioneers and include a gift card to Tims. Karl has to see if the other elders would like to go in on this with us.)
-an assortment of chocolates (this one was bought)
-Pineapple squares that my mom makes
Do you think I have enough? I am starting tomorrow night with groceries and will be baking all day Friday. Olivia has school so Elliot and I will be busy baking. I hope to get some pictures.
Weather turned bad in the afternoon. Lots more snow fell and according to the weather network, lots more to come. The weekend is calling for a major storm. I talked to the bus driver and she said the roads were a mess. She was late dropping the kids off and I knew the roads had to be bad if she was late. Karl finally arrived home and I left for the WW meeting. Weight stayed the same. At least I didn't gain!!! Lots of changes in the program but more on that tomorrow. I picked up supper and was told when I came home that the meeting was canceled. I think I will make more cards.
Will share them with you tomorrow.
Me
Olivia got off to school today without a hitch. All bundled up in her snowsuit and extra mitts in her bag. I will have to figure out how to keep her inside the house until the bus is pulling up to the stop because it is getting cold out there waiting. The kids don't feel it because of being all bundled up but I sure do! I guess I shouldn't complain too much because unlike Brandie S. I don't have to drop them off which is more of a pain and Brandy G. has to bundle three kids up, park the car and actually walk Shelby to the back of the school. Lisa C. doesn't drive and walks four kids to the school!! Wow, after writing this down, I really shouldn't open my mouth at all on this subject.
The Pioneer Meeting and Dinner is on Sat. I have volunteered to do the desserts. I am making ALL of them from scratch. Yes, yes, I know what you are thinking. Just go to the store and buy them. Why put yourself through all that stress? Well, here is how I see it. Dessert for some is the funnest part of the meal. You get treats that you wouldn't normally have in the house and having it homemade is even better. Last year the dessert was pie. Just pie. Two different kinds but no variety. It was very disappointing. I know how hard it can be to pioneer and I want them to know that we are very proud of them.
This year the dessert will be nine different things.
-Pumpkin and spice cake
-Chocolate pecan bars
-Cherry almond trifle
-Chocolate cream cheese ball
-Cream puffs
-Toblerone Cheesecake
-Snowball chocolate cake
-Marble chocolate almond bark (I hope to wrap this up for each of the pioneers and include a gift card to Tims. Karl has to see if the other elders would like to go in on this with us.)
-an assortment of chocolates (this one was bought)
-Pineapple squares that my mom makes
Do you think I have enough? I am starting tomorrow night with groceries and will be baking all day Friday. Olivia has school so Elliot and I will be busy baking. I hope to get some pictures.
Weather turned bad in the afternoon. Lots more snow fell and according to the weather network, lots more to come. The weekend is calling for a major storm. I talked to the bus driver and she said the roads were a mess. She was late dropping the kids off and I knew the roads had to be bad if she was late. Karl finally arrived home and I left for the WW meeting. Weight stayed the same. At least I didn't gain!!! Lots of changes in the program but more on that tomorrow. I picked up supper and was told when I came home that the meeting was canceled. I think I will make more cards.
Will share them with you tomorrow.
Me
NINE deserts!!!! You must really love pioneers.
ReplyDeleteSo we had an overnite upgrade on our cable and in the morning were supposed to turn it on with a grand reveal and new remote and all that came from them in the mail and so we turned it on and nothing happened except a small square on the bottom with the actual picture.
Had to phone them and after a few buttons were pressed on both sides we had a full screen picture. Ah the marvels of techo-babble.
Congrats on not gaining.
Oh to live in a part of the country that will actually cancel the meeting!....wish we had those dinners when we were pioneering in Midland...don't know how that got started without us...yeah, no weight gain. You go girl!...we got a big storm too...4 cm fell...HA!...miss you tons and tons...wayne will help me make ink blenders...will put in a order tomorrow for a stash of stuff...wayne approves!
ReplyDelete