Monday, December 13, 2010

Catching up


Where to start?

Friday started with the usual pick-me-up with my coffee and still 1 pt. cream. Delicious. Brandie S. called and said she would be over soon to help with the dessert baking for the pioneer dinner. I already had everything out and ready to go. So the baking started at around 10:30 a.m. Brandie stayed until she had to go pick the girls up at school which lets out at 3:20, and I was nowhere near being finished. I wouldn't have gotten them all done if she wasn't there to help. THANK YOU BRANDIE. I was still putting things together at 9:30.

Sat. morning was service. Weather was still nice by this time. Not too cold and we did some nh's. The afternoon was dedicated to cleaning the house, a needed shower and some finishing touches on a couple of desserts and putting the trifle together (not hard). Karl was doing the meeting with Joaquin so had to head out. I rounded the kiddies up, packed the car and headed to Able's. The dinner was really nice. Some different dishes and tons of salad, which was good for the diet. The kids ate very well and played with Teddy nicely also. All the desserts went over great BUT we had TONS left over, not good for the diet. Everyone there took home a plate each and we still came home with plenty. THE REASON: Eleven were missing from the dinner. Donna St. Pierre and Val Taylor were sick and Calvin didn't want to leave her. De leons didn't make it. Margurite didn't come and the Erwins were away. I do have a HUGE beef with the pioneer dinner this year. The pioneers were asked to bring some FOOD!!! The main meat dishes were done but the side dishes and the salads were provided by the pioneers. I found this out on Sat. a.m. after the service group. Needless to say I was pretty upset. Karl was likewise surprised and upset. He didn't know that this was asked of them. Next year, it will be done properly, here at the house.

Karl has been taking the leftovers into work each day and his department are taking care of them. I am glad they are not picky eaters. Apparently they will eat anything put in front of them.

Sunday was a bust. That is all I will say on paper, if you want the dirt...call me or remind me when I call you.

Monday was the movie. We started at 9 a.m. at the rec. center for gym time. Kids played very well. Then we went upstairs for crafts and lunch. The kids decorated gingerbread cookies and crowns. Then off to the movie. SO cute. It was in 3D which was really cool to see. Elliot had a difficult time keeping the glasses on but he still watched it without them off and on throughout the whole movie. More candy followed the movie and then home. Elliot knocked off right away in the car but I still had to get Karl so I had to wake him up. Grumpy is and understatement of what he was like!! Quick supper of bacon and eggs and then cuddled with the kids to watch the video that we got at the District Convention this past summer. Kids knocked off in 20 minutes. Off to bed. Karl and I watched the rest of the movie and then were able to talk. A rare thing these days. Loved it!! Don't get me wrong, we do talk, but it is something altogether different when you are not competing with yelling kids or fighting with them to get a word in when they pause for breath.

Today is -20. We are officially holed up for the winter. I don't know how the Saskatoon's do it!! Most of the roads are closed because the wind is causing havoc with the driving. You can get even get into or out of Collingwood. The police have blocked off the main roads. The ski hills are even closed due to high winds. The cable guy came to set up the cable and said that 2 guys are in Collingwood but can't get out. They live in Barrie and can't get home. SO we now have cable and I am regretting it already. I just don't like it. So addictive. After football is over we will lower the package to the smallest one and go from there. We are locked in for two years though. At least we will have something for dad to watch when he comes in Jan.

Pre-op appt.'s are tomorrow. Not sure what to expect but... Karl has the day off to stay with the kids. I will do the weigh-in in the morning and head to Barrie after that. I don't want to have to rush if the roads are bad. I will take my time and see what happens. If the weather is really bad I am sure I could cancel and reschedule. We will see.

My order from Simon came in yesterday. Gotta love that guy. ha ha Here is what I got...

I am way excited to play with the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I can't wait to use the stamps. Here are some close-up's of the clear/cling stamps. I am only missing three distress inks now. The wood grain block stamp wasn't as big as I was expecting and the grain isn't the one I was wanting. I got my images and sizes all mixed up on that one. I will use it though, not going to let it go to waste.


I can not wait to play with these stamps. Mom will love the coffee cards and the flower will be well used. And do I really have to say how yummy the banner stamps are? I already made a card with the cloud stamp. When it is finished, I will show you. Here are some more cards.







That's all for now.

Me

4 comments:

  1. a rather humble order from Simon. I was expecting another big whopper!!!! You picked some really nice stuff, though. LOVE the latte stamps! So cute. Want to see what you do with that banner business. Never found those too yummy, myself.
    Your cards are beautiful. I especially love what you do with those 'weed-y' stamps. Just beautiful! Maybe I will get one in the mail one day. (hee, hee).
    Must call later for details about your 'Sunday'. Will post my cards tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading through with my BEAUTIFUL wife Amy, and I was wondering if you still have any of that HUGE beef left over. Maybe we could bring some wine over, and make a meal out of it!

    Cheers,
    Myer

    ReplyDelete
  3. did I spell beef wrong? The situation with the pioneer dinner was fixed tonight by Karl. I agree with you in regards to Amy, she is BEAUTIFUL. If you do end up bringing wine could you make mine white? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha he was teasing about everything ;P I'll be sure to bring white when I come ;)

    ReplyDelete