As I am writing this blog, I am watching the movie How to Train your Dragon. I am actually the ONLY one watching the movie. Kids are playing upstairs. They do that a lot. If I want the kids to come downstairs, all I have to do is change the movie to an a chick flick and they will come down and tell me that they were watching THAT movie. Seriously!!! It is such a cute movie though. I highly recommend it. Well, I should clarify...if you are okay with make believe and your kids have the imagination needed to realize that dragons are not real...I recommend the movie. Otherwise, I don't.
Just got a call from Laurie. Shocking, I know. She has invited the kids to a movie next monday. They are going to see the new Disney movie Tangled. Josh and Jodie Penuta arranged for a closed showing of the movie so that Sylvana can see it. The theater is closed to the public but will open for 20 of her friends. Can you say $$$$? We don't have to pay for anything. The kids are going to love it, what a treat.
Piano is tuned. Sounds so nice. The guy who did it was really nice. Didn't take to long and the cost was perfect. Olivia does really well playing Mary had a little Lamb. Only tune she knows but Karl will start the lessons tonight. It would be really nice to learn the kingdom songs. That is what I am hoping to learn but I think I am starting out on the same level as the kids. ha ha Should be interesting. Anyway, the guy looked like Albert Einstein/ZZ Top. Harmless and not intimidating. He actually looked exactly like I pictured him. Someone who loves everything musical and could play any instrument you threw at him. He couldn't tune the piano up to the level it is supposed to go because it was so badly out of tune and if he did, he said the change of the strings snapping was more likely and that was very costly. So he tuned it just under the normal level and when the strings become used to being played then we could have him come again to adjust it or leave it the way it is.
Here are a few more cards. This one was made
using Basic Grey paper. I rounded the corners
and added some bling and ribbon from the
dollar store. The saying is a Hero Arts stamp.
This one is using paper from a 7gypsies paper
pack. The bird stamp is from Tim Holtz and
done with embossing ink and black embossing
powder. Another saying from Hero Arts and
some Robins Nest dew drops in black. I also
cut the paper quite a bit smaller than I usually
do and after gluing it to the card, I cut two
strips of black cardstock and glued then down
REALLY close to the paper. Makes it look like
it is mounted on black and then mounted again
on the card. Not my idea, thanks Jennifer
MacGuire.
It's weigh day tomorrow and we are getting a whole new program. I am very excited but hope I can adjust to it. This was a bad week for me and I am hoping to avoid a gain. I would accept staying the same over a gain any day.
Until tomorrow,
Me
My kids loved that movie too and have been slaying dragons ever since...don't think they believe dragons are real; never can tell. Cards are beautiful! You should sooooo be able to make money selling those. Throw caution to the wind and give it a whirl!
ReplyDeleteKids look so cute in the snow. Mine last about 20 minutes until someone gets snow down their neck.
Awesome cards you are making. The flower child card is so cute and the seven gypsies card is serene and beautiful. You do have alot of snow and cute snow babies. Would like to hear about the new program.
ReplyDeleteMore great cards (for me to imitate)!
ReplyDeletePortia is just the opposite....I have to make her come inside so she doesn't freeze her face off! She'd live outdoors if she could.
Love the pics of the kids hehe. We don't have near the amount of snow you do. Ours melted but its getting cold again. Love the cards. That's so nice Sylvana will be able to go out to the movies with the kids little darlin. Tangled looks cute, I want to might take the kids. You'll have to let me know if its good :)
ReplyDelete