Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ha Ha very funny...

Sat. after service, I was having a "not weight-watchers" snack and my crown fell out. It has been loose for a month now and had an appt. coming up so they were going to see what they could do with it. The problem with this particular crown is that when it came out, it took most of the tooth with it. I now have a very deep hole in my mouth. I called the on-call dentist and since the tooth had a root canal and was not hurting, he advised me not to eat too much on that side and wait for the already scheduled appt. Today was that appt. and I was not surprised to hear that what is left of the tooth will have to be removed. Because the top part of the tooth is already gone, they are going to have to break the tooth in half and take it out that way...FUN!!

Elliot fell asleep around 6 p.m. Sunday night and promptly woke up, ready to go at 11. Guess who stayed up with him? Karl had to work, Yeah, ME! At 1:30 a.m. I forced him to go to bed. Then around 6 a.m. karl got up and found him puking in the toilet. He threw up all morning and slept all afternoon. What a kid!!! It figures, when I still have half my time to get.

So I am heading in service in the morning, have no choice because of loosing monday. I hope the kids will be okay for the meeting and not sleep through it.

Tonight we signed the papers to a new car. Karl found one he loves and on a budget that I love. It is a silver 2007 Mazda 3. Was a lease so the miles are very low and a standard. I drove it today and it is like riding a bike. It all came back to me, LOVED IT!! We pick it up on Thursday. Now, I won't have to drive Karl to work every morning. Let Freedom Reign.

Herb and Beth are coming for the weekend. Be here Friday night and stay until Wed. sometime. I will try to get some longer days in service on Mon. and Tues. I am pretty sure I won't have to beg for them to stay with the kids for those days. If I can get bigger days then I will just reach my time. Can you believe I am considering doing this regularly? I figured it out though, I am not doing this for me...since I have been in service this month, the kids don't fight with me about going out. It was a struggle, now they look forward to it, Olivia is learning some scriptures and can read several on her own. They also love to carry the bibles around with them...everywhere.
When going to the door, once last week, Elliot took his own bible and a brochure and had it opened at the door, I asked him what he was doing and he looked at me with that "what do you think" look and said, "starting a bible study." Pioneering may be hard, really hard with two small kids but it sure is worth it.

I know I said I would post some pictures but....too tired to wait for the upload. Tomorrow!

ME

1 comment:

  1. Okay...so I HUMBLY apologize. Who knew you were living the life of Job. Sorry for that. Hope it gets better as the week goes on. I will try and call towards the end of next week. Hopefully you will be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. You should open a school for training potential young missionaries and circuit overseers. Good for you!
    Mine keep asking if its donut time yet!!!

    ReplyDelete