as some of you already know, we are NOT moving.
This was a VERY disappointing experience for us. We were told that because the market is so soft right now, we probably would only get two thousand more for it than we paid for it four years ago. That number didn't take into consideration our realestate agents fee, which is 5 %. In the end we would be selling the house for less than we paid for it and we would have thrown in all the renovations for free.
As you can understand, this isn't even NOT up for consideration.
The houses we did go to see were also not up to par. Very deceiving in outward appearance. A total disappointment. When we do move, it will be the last time, so I want to hold out for exactly what I want. Minor adjustments are fine but nothing like this house again. We have done too much to this house already and more to come, so I would really like to avoid this kind of situation in the future.
Assembly as great and the kids were wonderful. We sat closer to the front this time and the kids were better than usual, alot less distractions up front. We will do that again.
Right now, both kids are sick with head colds, so no swimming lessons tonight. Instead we made the gingerbread house that they have been begging to do. I will have pictures later. If Elliot is sick tomorrow (he is the worst of the two) then I will go to the hall with Olivia and Daddy will stay home. I miss too many meetings because of sickness and Karl having parts so this time I am going no matter what!!!
Yard looks awesome. Had a load of mulch and topsoil delivered on Thursday and another load of soil on Friday. According to the guy, most people underestimate the first time around. Went to Normans Nursery...my FAVORITE place in the WHOLE world in the summer and spent a small fortune on shrubs and flowers. All perennials. I will only do this work once!! I still need a couple more because of the length of the garden but it will look great once it is done. I will show pics soon. I don't have my camera handy.
Weather today is total rain. Heavy and steady. Glad we got the garden all done yesterday before it started.
That's all for now, will do the pictures tomorrow.
Me
So sorry it was such a disappointment. Glad you got some flowers. Always cheers me up! Today we started a huge flower bed (8'x16')Kids want to plant giant sunflowers and make a butterfly garden. Will get two cans (for the price of one) of that seed tomorrow at Home Depot. Got flowers for my giant containers but still need to cover them at night because it goes below 0! Yeah, life in the butthole!!
ReplyDeleteWindy in the butt hole today. A couple of houses in the south end exploded from a Natural Gas leak. (It is true) The whole infrastructure needs redoing.
ReplyDeleteAny house is great out in Ontario I am told anyway. Your back yard is probably to die for compared to our dusty, scrubby ones.