Monday, May 2, 2011

Sleepover

A couple of weekends ago, we had our FIRST group sleepover. Seven little ones over for supper, movies, some sleep, pancake breakfast, crafts and a woodsy walk. Olivia had Shelby, Malla and Jesuita ( I don't know the correct spelling). Elliot had Riley and Jurel (still not sure on the spelling). I must ask Jennifer how to spell the girls names.

For supper I let the girls make their own mini pizzas. They seemed to really like that. Eating it was a whole 'nother story. Do you think they would actually eat what they made. They were just so excited to be together, eating was not a high priority.





















The sleeping arrangements were VERY relaxed. Karl brought 3 mattresses downstairs and all the kids slept together. Elliot ended up being brought upstairs to sleep, he was making too much noise and the girls were so tired, they were crying for him to stop. Riley was the first to knock off. She didn't have a nap during the day and by 9 o'clock was exhausted.


7 a.m. came pretty early, much to our dismay. Coffee was VERY needed, especially with what I had planned for the girls. After breakfast they made a fort to watch some T.V.











The Yamba girls went home really early. Jennifer called and asked to come and get them. I didn't realize they had never been away from them for a night before, and they missed them.

After they left, we got down to crafting. They each painted a canvas picture and made a princess
wand. Some made butterflies and a couple did balls. They glittered, glued and painted. They had alot of fun with it. I will probably do this project again.

























After lunch, we went for a walk on
the path through the woods. It was
nice to get out and run off some energy.
I still don't know where the energy
comes from but...they had the energy
and...I was EXHAUSTED!!





Upon the arrival back to the house, all the mommies were waiting! Kids went home happy and exhausted! According to the moms, they were in bed and asleep early that night. I WAS ALSO!!

Oh well, it amazes me what parents will do for their kids. Until next year...

Me

2 comments:

  1. It amazes me that you got through the night and the next day!!! Whew!!!! and craft's yet...glitter glue and 5 year old's????What were you thinking???
    Looks like they had a blast! I love the picture of all the kids under their tent, watching t.v. That is TOO CUTE!!!! They will remember how much fun they had that day...long after they are all grown up. Bravo to you!!!! Best Mommy of the year award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo's. Looks like many hours of none stop fun and cuteness.

    ReplyDelete