Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another day

goes down in history.

Wednesday started perfect. I got my study done for the meeting, cleaned the house and got the kids hair fixed. Since I had the car, I had to pick Karl up from work and both kids fell asleep on the way home. Olivia woke up when we got home but Elliot continued to sleep until 7 o'clock. We actually had to wake him in order to change him for the meeting.

Meeting was good. We sang a new song, one of which I was very thankful we practiced the night before. #130 Miracle of Life. It was difficult at first, and you could see some were struggling with it. Teddy was so frustrated with the song that he huffed, stopped singing and put the songbook away in his case. It was funny to watch. You should have seen his face, he was very angry.

Olivia complained a little about her stomach bothering her, but said that she felt better after going to the washroom. After the meeting we were chatting and were interrupted by Elliot favoring a bloody nose. According to him he was running and ran into the school overseers desk at the front of the hall. He was screaming and crying with blood everywhere. What a kid!! Got him all cleaned up and was in the process of getting coats on, when Olivia starts groaning, holding her stomach and subsequently starts to barf up all her supper all over the lobby floor. I rushed her to the bathroom where she is still throwing up and now crying. In watching my kids deal with sickness, I have come to the conclusion that sickness scares them just as much as it frightens us. They don't know why they are throwing up and don't understand why is hurts so much. We cannot stop it and it is painful to watch. You try to explain what or why this is happening to them but really, all you want to do is make it go away.

Karl was in charge of cleaning up the actual throw up because I was cleaning up Olivia and then trying to get everyone into the car so we could get home a.s.a.p. to prevent the same thing happening to the inside of the car. She was okay on the ride home but continued to be sick until 1 o'clock. By this time she had nothing left in her stomach and was dry heaving.

Seeing as both Karl and I were dealing with Olivia, we forgot about Elliot until we realized that he was still up watching kids cartoons. He finally went to bed around midnight. Guess what time he got up this morning? 7:30 a.m. Can you believe that? Olivia slept in until 10 and hasn't left the couch since. In and out of sleep and only water to drink. No more vomiting but very lethargic.

I had to cancel the sleepover that was planned for tonight. I didn't want to give this to the other families and the moms were totally okay with that. We will try and do it over the long weekend in April. A total of 7 kids, 6 girls and Elliot. Am I crazy or what?

Me

p.s. At the time this post was published Olivia was drinking apple juice.

1 comment:

  1. You are crazy..that is an insane amount of children for a whole night. Very brave! And whats with the bloody nose throw up episode...you know, it is a full moon.
    Almost as bad as falling in vomit in the dark at 6 am and dislocating your shoulder only to put it back in again and then proceed to sterilize every inch of the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete