Thursday, March 17, 2011

Welcome home...

to absolute chaos.

So it was back to the old routine on Monday. Brandy and the girls came over to visit. Everyone was playing nice together, lunch was uneventful but the afternoon ended in turmoil.

Olivia came downstairs with her hands behind her back and asked me to guess what she was holding. I couldn't guess and when she brought her hands in front of her she was holding a fist full of her HAIR. All the kids trickled downstairs, each with hair missing from some section of their heads. Olivia was the worst off. But you determine that for yourself. Between Brandy and I we were either yelling at the kids or laughing behind their backs. We couldn't understand where they got the little scissors. We found out later that Riley, (the monkey) climbed up onto Elliot's dresser and dug the scissors out of the basket, that is on the shelf above the dresser. She actually climbed up twice to get two pairs of scissors, Brandy confiscated the first pair.























When we got the hair cleaned up, Olivia ended up with bangs and Shelby's hair is quite short. Our hair dresser told them that if they ever cut their own or someone else's hair then she would shave their heads. She put the fear in them and I hope it works. Bangs change Olivia's look completely and I worked hard to avoid bangs on her.

In the late afternoon, I decided to fix this little cup that was broken sometime ago. It is china and required crazy glue. After fixing the cup, I was putting the cap back on the tube of glue and proceeded to glue 4 out of 5 fingers to the tube. They wouldn't budge. I had to call Poison Control and explain the situation to the lady. She was nice about the whole thing. I was humiliated. She then needed to ask a few questions...the first being "my AGE!" I was mortified, here is a grown 35 year old mother of two, with her right hand glued solid to a tube of crazy glue!!! OH, the shame.

She told me the only thing to do was to soak it in warm water and olive oil. She said it would take a long time but not to pull at the glue because it would take the skin right off my fingers.









After calling Karl (he had to bring supper home) and Brandy (to arrange hair cut appt.s) both calls ended with hysterical laughter, on their part, I was told to soak my fingers in gasoline. It worked, so after 3 hrs of being attached to a little tube of very strong glue, I was FREE.

Very eventful day, if I say so myself. Let's see what the rest of the week has to offer.

Me





4 comments:

  1. Bangs for Olivia; buzz cut for Elliot...the rest I don't care about. I do believe that day will go down in history. She really asked how old you were??? YOu should have lied and told her you were 16 or something. Too VERY funny!!!! Glad everyone is all right.

    Sheesh...what some people will do for an excuse why they haven't blogged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "I didn't do it. Mom." look on his face in the fingers-glued picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tmaxxan is right, you had an historical day. The conversation about the krazy glue on the phone was hysterical tho'.

    ReplyDelete