Friday, November 26, 2010

Just a few more cards

that I finished up yesterday. I really enjoyed
doing these up. The techniques are not my
own though, thanks goes out to Jennifer
MacGuire and Kim Watson. This blue one
was done using the Hero Arts friend
definition stamp. I inked the stamp with
Sepia ink and stamped it over Basic Grey
paper. The bling and ribbon on the bottom
are from the dollar store. I also distressed
the edges with the Heidi Swapp paper
distresser. Love that tool.


Finished this one last night. The background
didn't turn out quiet like I wanted but it is nice
just the same. Inked up the Friend Definition
with sepia ink and when dry I used little clear
card suit stamps to stamp with embossing ink
and covered with clear powder. Then used
three different colored distress ink to cover
the card. I then used my Tim Holtz die to cut
the shape out of leather. Then using opaque
white staz on ink to stamp the flourish. Then
added some pearl bling.

I used Hero Arts flower stamps in this one.
Stamped with purple distress ink and misted
with perfect pearls. Then distressed the edges
with the same colored ink. Butterflies were
done the same way. Used dollar store half-
pearls and stacked them in the center of the
one flower. The middle piece was stamped
with the friend definition, distressed and tied
with twine. Just added my saying.


On this one I inked the friend definition with
three colors of distress ink, bundled sage, barn
door and rusty hinge. Then used the same colors
to blend over top the matching colors. The bling
is from the dollar store and the bird is stamped
in sepia Archival ink. The saying is from Hero
Arts.


That's all for today. I will let you know how
shopping goes. It is snowing right now and it
is calling for freezing rain. We don't have snow
tires on the van so if this weather keeps up we
may not be going at all.

Me

2 comments:

  1. I am in awe. Incredible cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh....the cards have left me speechless. Do you realize how incredibly good you are getting at this??? These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete