Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not much

to say really, life has been boring lately. A few things going on in a few weeks but...

Elliot's face made direct contact with the floor yesterday and when I examined his mouth, I noticed that one of his bottom teeth was a little out of place. The gum line was bleeding also. I managed to get him into see the dentists this morning and of course everything was fine. I had to sit in the chair with him on my lap the entire time. By the end of the visit he was nicer to the dentist and his assistant. He even held her hand on the way down the stairs. Both Olivia and Elliot were allowed to get something out of the treasure chest. Elliot for being good during the exam and Olivia for being so good while waiting. Crisis averted again. Thank goodness for Karl's health coverage.

Olivia is wanting to craft with me lately. Dollar store here we come.

Karl is trying to find out the date for the Pioneer Meeting and Dinner. I have a really cool idea for the decorations and would like to start on them as soon as possible, so am to know sooner rather that later.

I went out and bought an electric weigh scale today. It is more accurate and has the Weight Watchers symbol on it. This will help me to be more confident with the program, this week has been terrible. Always hungry and nothing seems to satisfy me.

Here are the cards I have been making this
past week. Nothing spectacular but I like them
all the same. This first one is plain, the daisy is
a Hero Arts stamp. Inked it up and colored it in
with pencil crayons. Flourish on the bottom is
also a stamp. Just added some ribbon over the
flourish.




The blue one opens up in the middle. The paper
is from Basic Grey. The bling is from the dollar
store.










This stamp is also from Hero Arts, it is the mate
to the daisy stamp from the first card. You buy
them as a set. I inked the stamp with Archival ink
in Sepia and then colored in the image with pencil
crayons. Then heavily misted it with a mini mister
and copper perfect pearls.





I have done this one before. I blended three
different colors of blue distress ink on the card
face. Stamp the flourish with embossing ink,
emboss with clear embossing powder, heat.
Then apply the darkest distress ink over the
entire card. I also did this with the greeting.
Added dollar store pearls and all done!




Simple...use Basic Grey paper that already
looks distressed. Stamp flourish using Sepia
colored ink and add bling..easy peasy.






Love this card...first I stamped the flowers
on the bottom in purple ink. Then blended
the same color ink in the middle of the card.
Next, I blended two greens on the bottom
of the card for the grass, light green first and
then a darker green. The sky or top of the
card is done by blending three blue inks.
Lightest to darkest. The trick is not to blend
the darker inks as far into the card as the
lighter colors. Just added a ribbon and my
sentiment.

Anyway, weigh in day tomorrow. I really hope it is a good day. Can't handle another gain.

Until then,

Me

2 comments:

  1. Okay...so now i have extreme card envy...those are quite stunning even though you say they are simple. Beautifully done!

    Glad Elliot is okay! Told Max what he did and all he could say was "Elliiiiiooot!" He suggested we go over to your place to play again one day this week. The boy has serious space/time continuum confusion issues. Will blog tomorrow since its too late tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience when I am bored with nothing much happening etc. etc.
    and time is going by blah blah blah, I am way more hungry as I begin to roam thru the fridge and cupboards looking for that certain munchy to satisfy a craving that really is just a hum drum feeling. I am going back to counting points as my blood pressure is creeping up but must get a better scale so will post losses too. Have to do it at home on my own.
    I love the cards and the one that you said you liked, the bottom sympathy card is really really beautiful. Poor Elliot, I think Max needs to get on a plane and go see Elliot and then get on a plane and come home and he may develop a better sense of time and space. Or it just may throw him into an alternate universe.

    ReplyDelete