Let's see...what to write?
We had a parent/teacher conference last night with Mrs. Gammell. Very nice teacher, no wonder Olivia likes her. Olivia is doing well in everything, but has to work on reading and writing. I have to practice with her to put words together and not just random letters. She said that she is not behind but just needs a little help in this area. She also mentioned that sometimes when they are singing songs, she just sits there and doesn't want to sing. Mala does the same thing. Odd, because the minute Olivia comes home, she doesn't shut up, always singing. We were pleased with how Olivia is doing. I am going to have to do some work with her but on the whole she is well liked and a very good student.
After groceries, we went to the dollar store and bought some notepads and pencils for "schoolwork". Olivia was already drawing and writing by the time I got out of bed. I don't think it is going to be hard to get her to practice.
Called Valerie last night and her spine operation is being scheduled as we speak. She is getting worse everyday and the surgeon was quick to schedule because her condition is compared to someone much older. Very scary. Everything should go okay though, because this surgeon is the one that all the doctors go to.
Family study tonight.
I think I am going to scrap a little now. See what I can come up with. I think I will make a couple of cards too.
Me
Reading and writing??? This is kindergarten, right?
ReplyDeleteWhats with Valerie?? Haven't heard about her condition. Details...
Olivia probably wasn't singing because it was a holiday song or just a plain STUPID song. That girl is smart and would definitely discern the difference.