Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another day

Well today was beautiful. It started out cool, a sure sign that winter is coming but ended up being very warm. Elliot and I went for a short walk and picked up the mail. Nothing of interest there, I am still waiting for my scrapbook mag. nothing is every new in the way of techniques but I do like looking.

I was a householder for a #2 talk tonight. Went very well. It was the first time that I was encouraged to "wing" it. Needless to say, I was very nervous. Karl said that it went well. He had an elders meeting after and we just got home. (late night) We have started to reward the kids after the meeting with a treat if they have been good. They were excellent during the meeting but a little wired afterward. I didn't have to correct them too much so they got fries from McDonalds.
I am wanting to go out in service tomorrow...that is the plan, I will keep you posted.

I also made plans with Erica S. to go out Friday night. I am taking moms advice to go out. Karl actually asked me if I was going to go. He is one of the few hubbies who encourages it. Erica isn't working and is wanting some girl time so... I don't usually hang out with her, we don't have that much in common (she doesn't have kids or scraps), but we are encouraged to expand our circles.

anyway, I am off to bed.

Me

3 comments:

  1. Have a drink on me. Maybe its not that type of girls night out...or maybe it might be. Yikes!! I really need to plan moving back east. Miss you tons today! This living so far apart has become a HUGE inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to Jump a plane one weekend and visit Lisa before she actually does plan to move back east. I am trying not to get tooooo attached lest I am left bereft of a chunk of my life one day. It is not working for me.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, here is what you do..... You gotta get someone to look after the kids on Friday and Monday and your husband can have them for the weekend. You get on the plane on Friday and then go home on Monday. You do this a few times a year. That is what it is there for.

    ReplyDelete