Sunday, September 26, 2010

yesterday and today


I scrapped yesterday with cathy and beth, here at the house. I only finished two cards and just have to put the finishing touches on a two-page layout. I will post the layout when completed. Had a really nice evening with the family. Kids were able to play with Portia and Karl was playing golf with the boys. It didn't look like golf was going to be a go, because of getting sooo much rain and it not letting up until later in the afternoon, but they endured and came home with some nice prizes.


Today is cooler but no rain and the ground is dry. I am not feeling the best right now and would love to just curl up with a good book in bed with a roaring fire blazing in the fireplace. I guess it would help if we actually HAD a fireplace. Another thing to put on the never ending and never happening wishlist. Oh well.


Getting to the cards. I used the alterations die from T!m Holtz as the template for the cards. Stamped a flourish in versamark ink and embossed with clear powder. Used a cordinating distress ink for the edges and then glued bling on the stamped image where it looked good. The saying is from Hero Arts as is the butterfly. I really love how this turned out.


enough for now,


Me


2 comments:

  1. These cards are great. Awesome techniques. I love the shape and the colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT those dies! so jealous of you right now. Seems i haven't had any time to do ANY scrapping or card making. These cards are gorgeous!!!! Turned out fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete