Saturday, October 16, 2010

blauck

A combination of blah and yuck. This is how today was.

Woke up sick, Olivia was sick too. Karl and Elliot were okay and went out in service for the morning. Karl said it was one of the best they had for a long time. The weather was nice for it so that made it more enjoyable. I just hope Olivia and I are okay for going to the meeting tomorrow.

I have finished a couple more pages in Granny's album. I will add some more little touches to each page when my order comes in. I purchased the tattered florals die from tim and wanted to use it in a couple of spots. I will leave these blank and fill in later.

Went out last night for an hour or so by myself. Just to Walmart, nothing exciting. I bought the kids a bucket of crafts. I was hoping for hours of enjoyment and it lasted just over an hour before the fighting started and I told them to put it away. They refused to clean the mess up, and by mess I mean TORNADO style mess. Paper and glue, EVERYWHERE. So I said to put everything in the garbage. This didn't even fizz them. They just piled everything into the garbage. I just bought this for them last night and it is already in the garbage!! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get children to tidy up after themselves????? I don't mind the mess, if I get help cleaning it up. Kids mess, but are we not as parents supposed to train them to tidy but after themselves, to put away a toy before taking another one out. As parents I do think that we are mostly to blame. We want to give our kids all the things that we didn't have as kids and if we can afford it, their hearts desire. This is the problem...they are spoiled. We have spent the first few years of their lives picking up after them and now that they can do it for themselves they don't want to and if you put it into the garbage, they say they will just get another one. RIGHT, not anymore, bub!! Welcome to the NEW "IF IT GOES INTO THE GARBAGE, IT STAYS IN THE GARBAGE" WORLD.

Wow, that was alot or rambling. Sorry. Are you still reading? I wouldn't blame you if you stopped.

With the retreat coming up, I have decided to reorganized my stash. I don't have much to go onto the group table but do have a few things. I have put my stamps on clips and put them on the clip it up. That way I can see them easier and use them more. I have also pulled out alot of embellishments that I will use on cards and on Granny's album. I have been finding that I am not using my rub-ons as much as I should and am hoping this will solve that problem.

Anyway, that's all for today,

Me

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the kids don't clean up, Wayne goes through with a garbage bag and he heads for their favorite toys. Tierney is reduced to tears; Max in hysterics and Xander sits by idly watching with wonder. He doesn't get it yet or if he does, doesn't care. Don't know what to suggest...still working on that one myself. However, its true that our kids have and enormous amount of stuff and expect something every time we go out so we have told relatives to desist from toys for awhile and by clothes instead if they wish. (not that they listen) We have bought the kids 'special' toys at the end of school or on a special 'family' day. We also give them $5 bucks or so (Dollar Store gifts) and make them by gifts for others like grandpa and grandma etc. Encourages giving instead of getting. Don't know if this helps or not...or maybe you just wanted to vent, in which case, just ignore my blithering!
    Miss Ya tons
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately, Portia has always been pretty good at cleaning up her stuff. Now, I'm not saying she's perfect...she is a kid after all. But when she sets her mind to it, she does a good job. We started when she was little. We'd tell her to start and if after 5 minutes we could see some improvement we would help her finish. That slowly got extended and now, she pretty much cleans up her room by herself. I guess it probably helps only having one. She can't blame the mess on anyone else! Too many toys has always been a problem for us to. We've always had the general rule that if new toys come in, old ones go out. Thankfully she likes to organize (I'm not sure who she got that from!) and therefore likes to tidy her room. I do have to add at this point, though, it sometimes takes her a whole day to clean her room...only because she stops and plays a few minutes with each toy she finds. It could be worse though. I can't really complain.

    Just my thoughts,
    C

    ReplyDelete