Tuesday, October 5, 2010

busy, busy, busy

Today was craft day at the Duell house. I made cards and the kids made a mess. It was supposed to be a paper chain but I cut the paper too short so they ended up making dozens of pairs of sunglasses and binoculars. They did have lots of fun and were right by my side for the majority of the afternoon so I really shouldn't complain too much. One day they are not going to want to scrap with me and I will look back and wish I had of done more with them. AND now that they are scrapping they are no longer coloring on the walls.

For our family study we read from the scriptures inspired book on 1 Chronicles. When we went to read the bible reading yesterday Karl and I just looked at each other and decided to read something we could explain easily to the kids rather than each of the names. Heavy reading for young ones. Oh, who am I kidding, it was heavy reading for the adults. After the reading we got out all the markers and crayons (mine) and drew pictures of Noah's ark. Some rainbows, the ark, building of the ark and the animals. I will post those pics later. They turned out really well. Elliot just colored and called it the rainbow. Too cute!

So here are my cards...this first one if for a
wedding. I tried my hand at stamping on acetate.
It is slippery so you have to have a steady hand.
I also backed the entire card on another
piece of blue cardstock. You can't see it in the
photo but the dress is colored white and then
I put rock candy stickles on it, and the blue from
the paper bled through to the surface. Nice effect.




This card is using the alcohol inks on acetate. I like
the effect but when stamping on the acetate the stamp
moved and the wording is abit blurry. It does look
worse in the photo than in real life.





This last card was done using distress ink and
clear embossing powder. The cardstock
underneath is baby pink so when you emboss
and ink with victorian velvet ink, you get the
two-toned card. The little flowers are made
from the smallest flower on the alterations die
Tattered florals. Bling was added in the center.


Just a note of interest. If you are reading this blog and are not a follower of Prairie Stranded, please clink on my link in the side bar and you are in for a treat. This is my girlfriend Lisa and she has the funniest blogs in the WORLD. If ever in need of a laugh, hop on over to her blog, I am serious, she should be a writer. I look forward to hearing the latest in the life of Lisa each day.

anyway, I hope you enjoyed my cards and keep my in your prayers for tomorrow I go on a DIET. I am going to need all the help I can get.

2 comments:

  1. your cards are absolutly beautiful. So jealous of your stamps! Where were you hiding those little gems anyway? Thanks for the advertisement. Now I should have every wacko in canada reading my blog and sending me disturbing comments. No, not you Debbie. You're a harmless wacko!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing cards. Love the stamping on acetate. Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete