Friday, October 1, 2010

Night Out

I have just arrived safely home from shopping in Barrie. Nothing exciting, just went to the mall. Not too crowded so it was relaxing. It was nice getting away from the routine and kids. Going with Erica was really nice too. I know that her not having kids could turn other moms off but honestly, it was nice not to be always talking about children, children's clothing, school, eating habits, blah, blah, blah. I actually had an number of adult conversations that were quite interesting and funny. We didn't spend too much, picked up a few things. No clothing though, I am staying away from the clothes until after my operation, then LOOK OUT, shopping spree.

I still don't have anything to post in the way of cards...no pics yet. Hopefully this weekend I will finish up the cards I have on the go and post those. Karl and I are hoping to get the door put on tomorrow after service. We have the combined group at the hall. I always love those 'cause you get to work with others that you normally don't get to.

Earlier today I took the kids out to our little mall here in Midland. I say mall but really you could count the stores on one hand. More stores are closing every week. We went into Coles and as I turned the corner I felt my heart skip a beat. There on the shelf in a wonderful shiny baby blue jacket was the latest from Sophie Kinsella, Mini Shopaholic. Nothing feels better than a brand new hard cover in your hands. All shiny and smooth with the pages smelling sooo wonderful. AND it was 50% off. My legs are still tingling. Do I really have to say more?

All in all, it was a good day and a wonderful way to start the weekend or end the week, you choose!

I am off to read. Night,

Me

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good day. I haven't read any of those Kinsella books. Whats the appeal? Saw the shopaholic movie and was mildly interested....
    Wished i was shopping with you but then i would have probably babbled on about kids and kids clothes and scrapping stuff and potty training (or lack of it) etc. Not likely much adult conversation. Thus defeating the purpose.

    ReplyDelete