Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sick Daddy

Yes, you are reading right, Karl is sick, and he never gets sick. After service he spent the rest of the afternoon installing the screen door. It looks amazing. WE FINALLY HAVE A NICE DOOR. I will take pics for you can all see and be so green with envy. We should have this one for a long time because the screen is in the top of door and this should prevent the kids from pushing through it. He went to hockey and barely arrived home when he flew into bed. He has the chills and is trying to sweat it out. That is his cure, SWEAT it out. I just washed all the sheets on all the beds and now I will have to do ours again. He will not be going to the meeting so I will have both kids by myself.

Laurie and Sylvana are home at last. They will still have to travel down to Sick Kids each week for treatment but they are home. I think for the time being I will continue to take care to the Monday supper. I don't cook and deliver but I can make a mean take-out. Pizza and Wings. I was able to chat with Laurie after the meeting and she is in good spirits. She has adapted to her "new life" this disease is something that stays for some time. "One day at a time" she says. I honestly don't know how she does it. Jehovah really does give us strength when we need it. His strength is the band-aid until he brings the cure of paradise.

We bought the kids the latest Tinkerbell movie. It is so cute and they are really enjoying it. I bought her one of the dolls but she hasn't played with it at all so I think I will ship it out to Tierney. She loves that sort of thing, being a total girly-girl.

I have decided to join Weight Watchers. Mom and Meghan have both joined and really like it, not to mention the weight is coming off. I am wanting to lose some weight before the operation. I have just over 3 months. Can you believe it? Time sure flies. The meetings are wed. morning once a week. Brandie Shuttleworth is thinking of joining also. I think it would be easier if we had a buddy to cheer each other on and keep each other on track. I am calling in the morning.

So that's all folks,

Me

1 comment:

  1. Will post a pic of my stash when it arrives. Hope it doesn't take too long. Funny, I have been thinking about weight watchers too. Not enough to do anything about it though. Debbie is part of it. She says its the only thing that works for her.

    ReplyDelete