I called last night for a tracking number for my scrap order. She gave me a tracking number but it will only work if I contact the customs agency. She explained that it can take anywhere from 8 days to a month for an order to come across the border. She didn't know why and said I could use the tracking number to locate it from the border. She also said that the company puts on the outside of the box "low value" that way it prevents the duty being too much. She has never had anyone return the package because of the duty being alot of money. I got off the phone more confident about the duty but a little nervous of the time line. I need that package before the scrap retreat. That was the whole point in the first place. I hope this helps you Lisa and Debbie.
Here are some latest pictures that we took on the long weekend.
I have started the album for Gran. It is only small but I want it to be perfect so it is taking some time. I have also finished the cards. Here they are:
I used the same technique on all of them.
I first used the ink blending tool to spread
different colors of distress ink on a white
piece of cardstock. Then you stamp with
embossing ink, versamark and cover with
CLEAR embossing powder. Heat. After
it cooled down, then take a darker distress
ink and cover the entire piece with it. I used
vintage photo but you could use walnut
stain or black soot. When done, clean the
image with a baby wipe. I then added
stickles to the inside of the image.
very closely is that I used the same color
stickles as the distress ink. In the red
section, I used red stickles, etc. This one
turned out very vibrant!! Looks better
in real life.
Anyway, that's all for now.
Me
Those cards are FABULOUS!!!!! The guru strikes again. Where did you learn to do this; where did you get that stamp; did you use glossy cardstock or plain? (makes sense it would be plain) I hate when i answer my own question mid sentence and am to lazy to edit this darn thing.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the family pics and I want, no DEMAND a hard copy of the one with the kids on you backs. 5x7 will do nicely. I'll send you the money for it.
I am stunned by those cards. WELL DONE!!
TOTALLY love that picture of you'se guys in the leaves. I want two 5x7's One for scrapping the other for the living room.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Them cards should be wall decor, applied to a canvas and attached to the wall in an interesting arrangement. Wow.
ReplyDeleteAwesome family pics.
I want pictures to :) They are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete