Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ode to Jennifer

Have I said lately how much I LOVE these new stamps.

I loved making these cards. All of the techniques are from the mind of Jennifer MacGuire and all the credit I give to her. If I have messed up, then the fault is all mine.

So all of the stamps used on these cards
are from Hero Arts. The die cut is from
Tim Holtz alterations die. The pearls are
from the dollar store. I inked the friend
definition with tea dye distress ink. The
edges are inked with the same color but
I used the ink blending tool. I then took
Mustard seed, tumbled glass and shabby
shutters distress ink and applied them
directly onto the stamp and then sprayed
perfect pearls heavily onto the stamp and
then stamped. I then edged with shabby
shutters around the die.

The background was first inked with three
different distress inks and then I dripped
water on the card with a paint brush. When
the ink started to wick, I kept watering until
I got the look I wanted and then dried with
the heat gun. Then it was stamped with the
friend definition. I inked the stamp with aged
mahogany distress ink. I used some bling
from the dollar store.


The background for this one was sprayed with
four different colors of perfect pearls. Red, blue,
green and a bronze. I also distressed the edges.
I punched 4 squares and stamped the friend
definition on each of them. Then took my
stamp and stamped the same image one
each of the squares but in different colors.
The edges were also darkened with walnut
distress ink using the blending tool. I also
added some little pearls from the dollar store.
The twine is nothing special but I did cover it
with wet walnut ink and perfect pearls.

I hope you like them as much as I like playing with them. I hope I explained the process clearly enough for you all.

Until next time,

Me.

2 comments:

  1. these are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Sounds like you had tons of fun doing them. Hope you are home tomorrow; gotta call you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inking techniques! Love the perfect pearls techniques. These are sooooo pretty. Love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete