Thursday, October 14, 2010

Weigh day

Hi there,

So yesterday was weigh in day for Brandie and I. I lost 3.5 pounds and she lost 3. We were alittle disappointed, we were aiming for 5 each. I know that 3 pounds is nothing to complain about especially the first week but...

The counting pts is really a whole mindset. You rethink everything the goes into your grocery cart and your mouth. You question whether you really want, not should, eat THAT. I had a cherry blossom chocolate Tuesday night and that was the first time in a week that I had chocolate and I was up all night. I didn't feel satisfied after eating it and the caffein (sp) kept me up. I know Lisa you are shaking your head in disbelief. I am not saying that I am off chocolate but I won't be eating any late in the evening anymore.

Mallory was over today to play with the kids. Brandie had appointments this morning. I was really nice, she is a good little girl. They played with Elliot really well.

I think GLEE is done for me. I really enjoy listening to the music and I am in awe that these kids have such awesome voices but two weeks ago the show was all about one of the characters not believing in God and the songs were all gospel hymns. Then last night it was all about the gay guy being lonely and not having someone. And in one scene the two cheerleaders were making out on a bed. Olivia and Elliot both like the music and want to watch it with me and this is just not something I want them to watch. I don't want them to think that these things are okay. They will be bombarded with it in school as it is so I am keeping it out of the home. It really goes to show how fast this system is falling. I guess I will have to find a new favorite show.

Everything quiet on the homefront right not. I have to return your call Lisa, I was getting something for the kids to eat and Brandie was here when you called.

Me

3 comments:

  1. Your 3.5 loss was fantastic. That is amazing. 5 pounds is too much.
    If you did 3.5 every week it would be 15 in a month. Ten a month is good.
    A slower weight loss stays off longest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, just figured out how to post a stupid comment. Gets a little dicey when you don't have a google acct any more. Wayne helped me figure it. Thats why there are all these stupid comments on your post. Just me going blah, blah, blah. New shows to get hooked on? Try 'Lie to Me' (LOVE IT); 'Burn Notice"; "Chuck" (so silly); Community (even silly; LOVE Chevy Chase; and my favorite "House" (can't get enough of him)
    Later

    ReplyDelete
  3. the monster has been unleashed...now that i figured out how to 'comment' again. Whew, what a relief!!

    ReplyDelete