I am officially on Weight Watchers. I am alittle bit nervous though because I am going into it thinking it is just like all other diets where you have to limit yourself to what you can eat and the amount. But, if you want it just count the points and don't go over your point limit for that day. Mom said the first week will be hard soooo.
I had to calculate my cream for coffee and my coffee is 1 point with the cream. For one point, I will drink every drop and savor every sip. Brandie called to ask how I was doing and so far so good, although it is only 10 a.m..
We met with Olivia's teacher yesterday after school to discuss the holidays and we are super pleased with her. She has taught Witness children before and has the older brochure and took the newer one. She said the she will notify us when holidays spill out of the classroom (dances, etc.) but when they do crafts linked to the holiday she will always have an alternate craft for them to do. She also said that for the first couple of days she had to remind the girls to go out for the national anthem but now they go on their own. I wanted to make it clear to her that it is not her responsibility to uphold our beliefs, so if Olivia does slip up I told her that we would not come after her but would re-explain the situation to Olivia. (thanks to lisa for that example)
The meeting went well. Naomi and Meghan had a talk and did really good. Caleb had the bible reading and after the meeting said that his grandfather was mad at him on the day he was assigned the talk. ha ha For some reason we are staying later and later after the meeting either to visit or Karl has to talk to someone about something. The kids think that because the hall is empty they are allowed to run full-tilt around the chairs. After three warnings they were both grounded to chairs. You would think that would deter them...oh, nooooo. After locking up the hall we were talking to a family and the kids took to running OUTSIDE the hall around the parking lot. After being repeatedly told to stop, they didn't, Elliot fell. Now they are told to stay in the car, they didn't, NOW I am FURIOUS!! We left, came home and Karl dealt with it and put them to bed. (if you are wanting a detailed explaination, call me) I think Olivia will think alittle harder on running in the hall in the future, Elliot is a little thicker in the head. Nothing seems to faze him.
I will update today later, I was just too tired to blog last night.
Me
Aren't kids just soooo precious. Mine love to play "kingdom hall" before and after the meeting in the second school including song and prayer. (very loudly) sometimes I feel like our family is a circus there to provide entertainment for everyone else.
ReplyDeleteA low point snack is lite microwave popcorn - 3 cups
ReplyDeleteAn apple sliced and each slice "buttered" using l tbsp peanut butter.
I ended up liking this.
Anything with a high fiber content is lower in points and keeps you fuller longer.
I lost 40 lbs on Wght Wchr's and have not gained it all back at all. But I do need to do some tweeking since my thyroid problems ("my glands, you know") and I have been tweeking for half a year with minimal results because I have not been journalling my intake. Journalling my intake is really important for me to watch my portions. Hope I am encouraging.