Monday, October 4, 2010

A new day

Had a bad night last night. Elliot woke up crying, coughing and cold. We took him into our bed, got him warm and back to sleep and then put him back into his bed. By the time we did this my back was shot. I am thinking of investing in a King bed. If only our room was large enough. Elliot woke up all stuffed up and coughing. I was hoping to head out in service this morning seeing that I only have one child home today. I will have to venture out tomorrow with both kids.

I am now waiting for my order to arrive. It is being shipped from Ohio and I am expecting it to take about a week. This company, Simon Says Stamps, is awesome. It you order over $70.00 the shipping is free and it looked like the taxes were included in the prices. They also had the Hero Arts Friend definition stamp that I have been wanting and looking for forever. I also ordered the gifts for the gift bags that I will give out at the retreat.

As promised here are two of the cards
I finished last week.The first one I made
with my dad in mind. He loves fishing
and by all accounts is a fisherman, if he
could, he would be out on the water
all day, everyday. I stamped the fish,
crab and seahorse on boxer paper by
Basic Grey and pop dotted the fish.
I then put googly eyes on them.


The second card is just a "not quite
satisfied with this yet" version of
Jennifer MacGuire's many cards.
I am going to put a saying on it but
am waiting for just the right one.




The next thing I made was supposed
to be for mom, but it is WAY too small
(only three inches high) for what I
wanted it for, so I have decided to
make up six more and give them as
gift bags at the retreat. They are just
the right size for what I am giving
away. They will all be different colors
but with the same design. I think the
girls will like them. At least I hope they do.

I am now working on another project to replace the above purse.

Brandie and I are officially joining Weight Watchers. We are going to sign up on Wed. and figured that the noon meeting would be the easiest to get to. I am excited but very nervous about not cheating. This does seem to work for both mom and meg so I am giving it a shot. Signing up is free until the end of Oct.. So if this is a bust at least we are not losing any $$$. Brandie has done this program before and lost alot of weight but when you do it yourself you don't have the same resistance and it is nice to have someone to help you beat The Cravings! Not to mention that you can have what you want just not ALL of it. I think that once I start to see the weight come off then I will feel better and be more likely to stick to it.

okay, I wanna play catan now, so, see ya.

Me

1 comment: